This Friday, 7-9pm, we're hosting the launch party for Stitch Head, the new kids graphic novel by Guy Bass & Pete Williamson! Guy and Pete will both be here to celebrate the release and sign copies. Get the details here.
Time for some February comics!
HIGHLIGHTS THIS WEEK
- THE ONE HAND #1 - Ram V and Laurence Cambell kick off their ambitious new psychological sci-fi thriller. In a dystopian future city, a cop on the verge of retirement is lured back by the apparent reappearance of a killer that he put away years ago. It's a twisty, turny crime noir, with a particularly nifty gimmick: its companion mini THE SIX FINGERS, by Dan Watters and Sumit Kumar, which gives us the other side of the story.
- ULTIMATE BLACK PANTHER #1 - The Ultimate Universe rebirth continues, as Bryan Hill and Stefano Caselli introduce us to the Ultimate King of Wakanda. With Moon Knight setting his sights across the rest of Africa, T'Challa heads the resistance.
- THUNDERCATS #1 - Declan Shalvey and Drew Moss give us their new take on the furry 80's heroes, with a reboot that introduces us to a young Lion-O. With the mutants of Plun-Darr and the fearsome Mumm-Ra at their heels, Lion-O needs to get his act together as leader, and fast. Sounds exciting, but here's a fun fact: if you bought every single variant you possibly could for this issue, you would have an incredible EIGHTY FOUR covers!
- DCS HOW TO LOSE A GUY GARDNER IN 10 DAYS #1 - It's Valentine's Day for DC, with their latest holiday special anthology. Plastic Man, the Flash, Red Tornado and of course Guy Gardner are here to teach us all valuable lessons about love.
- WOLVERINE MADRIPOOR KNIGHTS #1 - Following on from the throwback thrills of Wolverine Patch, where you had a chance to dip back into a comfortingly familiar series, comes the opportunity to bask in the nostalgic glow of a single issue. Yes, Uncanny X-Men #268 fans, this one's for you! Captain America, Black Widow and Wolverine team up for a sequel to that much loved issue, written by none other than Chris Claremont, with art by Edgar Salazar.
- SAUCER COUNTRY FINALE #1 - The long-awaited ending to Paul Cornell & Ryan Kelly's cult fave series arrives at long last. I must admit, when Cornell promised years ago that the end of the story would be told eventually in some medium or other, I was sceptical. Happy to see I was wrong!
- U & I #1 - J. M. Straczynski returns to his Resistance universe with this new series, a tale of star-crossed lovers who want nothing more than to create a better new world, despite the horrors the current one throws against them. JMS is joined by Mike Choi on art.
- SUICIDE SQUAD KILL ARKHAM ASYLUM #1 - Listen, just because the game is apparently pretty bad (or so reviews say - don't shoot the messenger) doesn't mean the prequel comic is as well! Actually, it sounds pretty fun, with Amanda Waller turning Arkham Asylum into a giant deathmatch arena in order to gain the stringest members of Task Force X that she possibly can. It's also written by John Layman (with art by Jesus Hervas), which is a good thing if you're looking for some irreverent fun. Oh, and each issue comes with a code for some dlc for the game, so if you did buy it and enjoy it, here's some free stuff!
And that'll do it for this week! See you next time!